Job Opportunity - National Coordinator, Friends of Indian Democracy UK
Updated: Oct 10
Part-time or full-time
Salary: £50,000 p.a pro rata
Who We Are
The Friends of Indian Democracy (working title) is a newly established movement with the aim to become a diaspora-led voice in the UK for preserving and promoting democracy in India, amplifying support for India’s democratic foundations by bringing together people of Indian origin living in the UK as well as anybody that has a love for India and interested in strengthening Indian democracy. It aims to do so through community engagement, policy and media advocacy, campus mobilization, and coalition building.
Who You Are
● A creative, strategic, and innovative thinker with experience managing multi-stakeholder initiatives for political campaigns, advocacy organizations, or similar organisations
● A strong relationship manager who has developed and nurtured key partnerships with a variety of individuals and organisations
● An analytical doer with lived experience and knowledge of the Indian diaspora in the UK
● A project manager who is good at organizing large amounts of information, coordinating with diverse stakeholders and staying on top of deadlines
● A passionate individual with an understanding of the Indian political climate and who is committed to defending democracy in India and around the world.
What You’ll Do
● Drive the development of strategy and budget with the Steering Group
● Formulate effective programs and oversee strategy implementation, reporting to the Convener of the Steering Group
● Execute agreed strategy by recruiting staff and vendors and building partnerships with all relevant actors – civil society, media, political leaders, government and private sector
● Convene meetings with partners and allies to identify strategic gaps and/or develop further strategy recommendations
● Monitor and measure overall success of the work and share learnings with the Steering Group
● Lead staff and consultants team to deliver agreed strategy and results
● Track and approve budget, within agreed limits
● Prepare and deliver concise and targeted written reports and presentations for diverse audiences
● Identify best practices and procedures to inform future programs
● Represent the movement in internal and external meetings.
Please email your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com